Many people start their day with a lovely cup of coffee, and often have more of the delicious brewed beverage throughout the day. Did you know that coffee could actually IMPROVE your liver health?
In recent studies, coffee has shown to be beneficial to the health of your liver!
Here are some interesting facts:
- Increased coffee consumption reduces the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and chronic liver disease (CLD).
- Increasing coffee consumption may substantially reduce the risk of cirrhosis.
- Regular caffeinated coffee consumption may significantly reduce hepatic fibrosis.
- Moderate daily intake of unsweetened coffee is a responsible addition to the main therapy for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease patients.
- A beneficial impact of caffeinated coffee on liver morphology and/or function, suggests that this relationship may mediate the well-established inverse association of coffee with risk of T2DM.
- There is an ingredient in coffee that protects against cirrhosis, especially alcoholic cirrhosis.
- Higher coffee consumption was significantly associated with a lower risk of incidence of liver cancer.
- Coffee has been demonstrated to have beneficial effects on weight gain, development of diabetes, the prevention of hepatic fibrosis in NAFLD, and other chronic liver diseases, including chronic hepatitis C, as well as reduction of HCC.
Do you have a favorite coffee shop that would help raise awareness?
Will you help spread the news?! Check these out!