noun – A person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.
Problem: Health care professionals and community health workers are direct observers of how policy impacts practice and service delivery and therefore are uniquely positioned and suited to influence the policy decisions that shape our health care system and their inherent inequities. Rarely are practitioners equipped with the resources, tools, and content knowledge to effectively and efficiently engage on an advocacy level and navigate the policy-making landscape.
Vision: Increased health care equity through advocacy.
Mission: Empower health care professionals and organizations to influence both systems and individual-level policy change that improves the health care equity in their community.
- Community Advocates and Health care professionals (providers, managers, staff)
- Internet access and video conferencing hardware (computer camera and microphone)
- Identified policy barriers that prevent optimal service access, delivery or outcomes
- Motivation to address at least one policy barrier to patient service delivery, access, or quality
- Support from their institution, where necessary
Help us to create an Advocates Unite! ECHO that will best serve you and your organization. Please take less than 10 minutes to complete our needs assessment click here
Please contact us with any questions, suggestions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org