Exciting Lung Cancer Advances from 2023
“Lung cancer treatment, and outcomes, look extremely different than they did years ago, and research continues to find innovative and more effective ways to help patients with the disease live longer and better their lives.”

World Lung Cancer Day: Reviewing the Latest Updates of Targeted Agents
“Large strides are being made in lung cancer treatment each year, and pivotal clinical trials are in various stages of reporting and validating improved outcomes for patients. The 2023 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting (ASCO) included presentations of different approaches to treatment including antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), as well as targeted therapies for promising molecular targets.”

New hope for patients with resistant lung cancer
“Understanding the mechanism: BAF complexes and resistance to tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
In a groundbreaking study, researchers have made a significant discovery regarding lung cancers that develop resistance to targeted therapies. Despite the effectiveness of tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs) like Osimertinib in treating certain types of lung cancer, resistance to these drugs has been a significant challenge. However, the latest findings shed light on a potential vulnerability in these resistant cancer cells, offering new hope for improved treatment strategies.”

Virtua Brings Advanced Lung-Cancer Diagnosis Closer to Home
“People who smoke heavily – and even those who’ve quit – are at greater risk for lung cancer. Today though, an advanced, robotic-assisted system can find and more accurately diagnose small, hard-to-reach lung cancers – enabling earlier treatment and saving lives.”

New research calls into question relationship between cancer risk and depression, anxiety
“A meta-analysis performed by an international group of researchers revealed no association between depression or anxiety and increased overall cancer risk.”

8 early warning signs of lung cancer you shouldn’t ignore
“Lung cancer is one of the most prevalent and deadly cancers worldwide. Detecting it early can significantly improve the chances of successful treatment and survival. It’s crucial to be aware of potential warning signs that may indicate the presence of lung cancer.”

EXCLUSIVE: Mum ‘sent home to die’ with lung cancer stuns doctors with her response
“Sarah Clarke was told her lung cancer had spread and nothing could be done to save her but now she says: “I believe it’s love and hope that got me through””

Influencer with terminal cancer, 36, tells two young kids she’s going to die: ‘Sick to my stomach’
“YouTube star Jenny Appleford has never smoked — but the California mom-of-two has terminal lung cancer.”

Outdoor air pollution may increase non-lung cancer risk in older adults
“Boston, MA—Chronic exposure to fine particulate air pollutants (PM2.5) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2) may increase non-lung cancer risk in older adults, according to a study led by Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. In a cohort study of millions of Medicare beneficiaries, the researchers found that exposures to PM2.5 and NO2 over a 10-year period increased the risk of developing colorectal and prostate cancers.”

Small Cell Lung Cancer: Contending With the Facts
“Small cell lung cancer (SCLC) is an aggressive form of cancer that is found in 15% of people with lung cancer.1 The other 85% of people have non-small cell lung cancer. The difference is how the cancer behaves and its appearance under a microscope.”


Lung cancer rate among “never smokers” on the rise
“Lung cancer affecting those who have never smoked tends to disproportionately impact women, especially those of Asian descent. Sponsored by Providence Swedish.”